Vetting & Marine Manager
Aegean Shipping Management S.A. is looking for a motivated and knowledgeable Vetting & Marine Manager.
The ideal candidate should preferably have minimum 2 years of seagoing experience as a senior officer and at least 10 years of office experience.
- Prior experience in liaising with Oil Majors, Regulatory authorities and Rightship (for BC inspections)
- In-depth knowledge of pre-vetting and vetting procedures, safety protocols & maritime regulations
- Leadership and management skills with a proven track record of managing and developing teams driven by KPIs
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret and utilize data for decision-making
- Proven track record of PSC & Vetting inspection fleet performance rates
- Dry dock experience
- Fluent in English (Oral and written)
- Knowledge of Danaos Software will be considered as an asset
- Lead the vetting and inspection process for our fleet vessels ensuring that vessels are ready at all times for any 3rd party inspection
- Manage a team of professionals responsible for vetting, safety and compliance providing training, guidance & mentorship to ensure team’s performance and professional growth
- Monitors and revise the deck and accommodation maintenance plan
- Ensures assigned vessels compliance with SMS, SIRE, TMSA, Dry BMS and industry requirements maintaining the highest standards of safety on board our vessels
- Conduct risk assessments, safety audits, incident investigations and develop and maintain emergency response plans
- Carry out internal, navigational, cargo and mooring audits ensuring proper close out of the observations and defects identified on board
- A position in a well-established, privately owned company with a modern fleet of tankers, bulk-carriers and vessels under construction
- An ambitious and dynamic working environment
- Great colleagues ashore and close collaboration with an established pool of seafarers
- A competitive compensation package matching the qualifications
- A family health insurance program
Send us your CVPlease forward your CV and application letter quoting the position/ rank title on your e-mail subject heading. All applications shall be treated in strictest confidence.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Data
We may collect personal data including but not limited to your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, contact preferences and other information only when voluntarily provided by you. Our website is intended for a general audience, however, we do not knowingly collect personal data about any person under the age of 18. We may also use the personal data you may submit for internal/administrative purposes such as data analysis and research to improve Aegean Shipping systems.
2. Protection of Personal data
The protection of your personal data is a major priority to us. We respect your right to confidentiality and we take precautions including technical, operational and physical measures to protect your personal data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal data and implement appropriate measures and controls to store and transfer data securely. Privacy impact assessments are also conducted, as necessary, in accordance with Aegean Shipping’s policies and the applicable legislation. The personal data you voluntarily submit is visible to Aegean Shipping’s shore-based personnel. You are responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these instances. When your personal data are no longer needed, we securely delete or encrypt them. We may also save your personal data for a longer period of time, as necessary, in order to fulfill a legal obligation which requires processing by law or in order for us to protect or defend our legal rights.
3. Purposes of Processing Personal Data
We may use and process the data you submit in order to accommodate your requests and inquiries and comply with applicable laws and legislation. Your personal data are required for communication purposes with a view of potentially setting up a collaboration with you. Your data may also be used and processed in considering an application for a vacancy within our Company. Without this data Aegean Shipping will not be able to communicate with you or enter into a contractual agreement with you. This includes both business and employment contracts.
Aegean Shipping may maintain personal data for:
• service providers
• business partners
• consultants and professional advisors
• enquirers, complainants
4. Your Rights over your personal data
You have rights over the personal data we store/process for you. Such rights include:
• Access to a copy of your personal data;
• Object to processing;
• Stop receiving direct marketing material;
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means;
• Have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
• Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the GDPR.
Should you ever wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Aegean Shipping.
We respect your right to access your data, and if requested, we will correct, amend or delete your personal data, as necessary. In order to give you access to your personal data, we may request proof of identity and sufficient information so that we can locate any relevant data. If requested, subject to any legal requirements and other obligations and factors, we will correct or amend your personal data, as appropriate.
5. Transferring Your Personal Data
Your personal data collected by Aegean Shipping may be stored and processed in the European Union or in any other country as necessary. Should Aegean Shipping need to transfer your personal data, Aegean Shipping will take all necessary and appropriate measures to ensure that the transfer of your personal data is conducted securely and in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR.
6. Position Openings
Aegean Shipping may from time to time post job opportunities on its website. Suitable candidates may forward their CV in accordance with the instructions and the “Notice of Processing of Personal Data” as provided in that section of the website. The acceptance of the users’ CV does not in any way constitute an offer of employment. Aegean Shipping exercises reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of the CVs of the candidates in accordance with the applicable laws and legislation.
8. Privacy and Cookie Statement