It is the Company’s Policy to establish and implement a “Security Management System” in order to meet the following security requirements:
- To develop, implement and maintain a Ship Security Plan for each vessel in accordance with the requirements of the ISPS code Part A & Part B and the U.S. Coast Guard NVIC 10-02.
- To detect security threats and take preventive measures against potential security incidents on board and ashore
- To designate appropriate senior staff with overall responsibility for security within the company and individual ships.
- To cooperate with the responsible authorities and to act on advice from them.
- To promote security awareness amongst all employees.
- To establish a reporting & recording system for incidents.
- To establish, implement and verify specific security measures on board and ashore
The company is committed in providing the appropriate security guidance, advice, documentation and necessary resources in order to meet its security objectives and fully comply with the requirements of the ISPS code and any additional requirements that may be.
In particular, the Company is committed to ensure that the Company Security Officer, the Master and the Ship Security Officer are given the necessary support to fulfil their duties and responsibilities in accordance with chapter XI-2 and this part of the code.
Furthermore, the company shall consistently and systematically review its security policy and relevant security measures in order to ensure that they remain effective.