Aegean Shipping is committed to providing quality services, which consistently & continuously meets the requirements of its customers whilst protecting assets under its care, its employees and the environment in general.
This is achieved by establishing & discharging managerial & operational processes, which have emerged from the combination of sound managerial principles and long lasted experience in the Shipping Industry.
Aegean Shipping aims to remain a quality service provider by:
- Meeting customer requirements as defined in the relevant Ship Management Agreements and Charter Parties and adopting a proactive approach concerning their needs.
- Perusing continual improvements in operational responsiveness.
- Ensuring that the risks and opportunities that can affect conformity of services are determined, addressed and effectively dealt with.
- Ensure that quality policy and quality objectives are established for the SMS and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of Aegean Shipping. Quality Objectives have been set and are maintained as part of the SMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review process in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk based thinking.
- Complying with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 22301, ISO 45000, ISM Code and MLC2006 as well as continually improving its Management System.
- Complying with applicable statutory requirements, international legislation and classification society requirements related to the services provided
- Operating vessels without accident(s) or incident(s) that could endanger the employees, the environment or assets under Aegean Shipping care.
- Ensure that the resources needed for the effective SMS implementation are available; developing employee skills and increasing their contribution through effective training.
- Engage, direct and support employees to contribute to the effectiveness of the SMS.
- Communicating the importance of effective SMS and of conforming with SMS requirements