The company takes the necessary steps to safeguard both managed vessels and shore based offices from current and emerging threats and vulnerabilities related to digitization, integration and automation of processes and systems.
Cyber Risk Management is considered as an inherent part of the safety and security culture necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the vessels and is adopted by personnel employed at all levels of the company, from senior management ashore to onboard personnel.
With the view to effectively implementing this policy and meeting regulatory and legislative requirements, the Company:
- Identifies the systems, assets, data and capabilities, which if disrupted, could pose risks to the ship’s operations and safety,
- Allocates roles and responsibilities to users and key personnel both ashore and on board,
- Ensures continuity of shipping operations in case of a cyber event by implementing risk control processes and measures and establishing contingency planning,
- Develops and implements activities necessary to detect a cyber event in a timely manner,
- Provides resilience to its activities against a cyber event and is capable of restoring the necessary systems in the aftermath of such event by means of the plans and activities that have been developed and are implemented for this purpose.
The company is committed in providing the appropriate guidance, advice, documentation and necessary resources in support of this policy and to fully comply with regulatory and industry’s requirements.
We have established a holistic and flexible cyber risk management system that is in continuous operation and is constantly evaluated by effective feedback mechanisms.