Health & Safety
It is the Company’s Policy to promote and enhance
Health and Safety at Sea
Prevention of Human Injury or loss of life and welfare of employees
The Company’s objectives regarding Safety Management are:
- To provide for safe practices in ship operation and a safe and healthy working environment.
- To prevent damage to the ship and her cargo.
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury as well as ill health.
- To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related to Safety and Health.
- To ensure that seafarers’ work environment on board ships promotes occupational safety and health.
In order to effectively implement its Health and Safety Policy the Company:
- Has appointed dedicated personnel with the responsibility to maintain an overview of Health and Safety matters.
- Promotes Health and Safety excellence.
- Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
- Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications which are issued by maritime organisations and are directed towards creating a safe environment.
- Implements a Shipboard Occupational Health and Safety Program (SOHSP)
- Continuously monitors all safety and occupational health aspects of the vessels.
- Complies with applicable legal and other requirements to which the Company subscribes which relate to its Occupational Health & Safety hazards.
- Frequently inspects and audits the vessels and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Continuously improves its management system by taking corrective & preventive action for identified problem areas.
- Provides adequate information and resources to effectively implement this management system and achieve objectives and targets.
- Provides a framework for setting & reviewing OH&S & other objectives and targets.
- Makes every effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace and considers working safely a condition of employment.
- Provides necessary resources to implement the occupational health and safety program.
- Recognises that no task is so important for an employee to put himself at risk of injury or illness in order to get it done.
- Protects the Health of seafarers and provides prompt access to Medical Care on board and ashore when needed.